convict compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlids-are-the-best-1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
a lot of people seem to have trouble finding tank mates for convict cichlids...including myself...but...I have found tank mates for my male convict cichlid...I currently have a 29 gallon tank with one male convict...(4 inches)...one red parrot cichlid...(4 inches)...one pleco...(5 inches)...one four line pictus catfish...(4 and a half inches)...and four tiger barbs...they all get along great...the parrot and convict do what cichlids do and test each other but its nothing serious at all what so ever...its as if the just remind each other that your in my space and they swim off as if they respect each other...very interesting to watch...the parrot fish I have to say is the more dominant one between the two...yes I know the tank is small but for now the tank size is perfect for the size of my fish...when its necessary for me to get a bigger tank I definitely will...just some info I wanted to share for people that find is difficult to house other fish with there convict cichlids

Back
Top Bottom