Convict Damage/Repair???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i realized my convict has a missing rear fin and the other convict is fine, theres no white fungus or anything... im real certain it was an act of aggression for whatever reason...

will it grow back and should i move him to another tank... if i move one convict, should i move both my convicts as a pair?

The Tank: Tiger Oscar, 2 Blood Parrots, and 2 Convicts... one of the blood parrots has eggs shes caring for... not sure whos being aggressive...

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 129
If you move the convicts as a pair make sure where ever they go the other fish can handle the aggression when start guarding fry. She certainly was attacked more than once with as much of her tail is missing. Keep the water conditions good and it looks like there's enough to grow back.

Yea ive moved them both for the time being cause i dont want anything to become f.u.b.a.r. Just wondering how long this may take?

And off subject, i just realized there is an iPhone app for aquarium advice forums!!! So awesome!!!

Having two pairs of convicts in a smaller tank like that will be a ongoing issue forever, especially when fry are present. Even in a 125g there will still be aggression, I have a pair of 3" honduran red points that corners my 14" breeding pair of oscars when guarding fry. I would keel the better looking pairs and rehome the others.

Yes but there's a app but I still prefer to post from the normal site from my iPhone.

I only have 2 convicts not 2 pairs of convicts... I cant believe a small fish cornering 2 huge oscars!!!

Back
Top Bottom