Convict or baby flowerhorn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sponge Bob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im buying a 10 gallon tank with everything (heater, gravel, filter, plants etc..) except lights for 35 canadian from some guy. He said he'll even throw in a free fish. The choice is 1 convict or 1 baby flowerhorn. Which one would you guys prefer? Any input would be nice thanks.

I would go with the convict, there are many people that feel that the flowerhorn is an unnatural fish. I am not anti-crossbreeded, where would our dogs and cats be without it, but this seems to be a very sensitive subject in the aquarium world. Besides, as they get older some of the flowerhorns develope huge frontal lobes and they look ugly. I'm not sure what the scientific term for it is.

I would get neither. They both get way too big for a 10 gallon tank.

The convict would be okay in the ten gallon. I'm pretty sure they don't get too big for that size tank.

I thought I was losing my mind when I saw this same thread on another site. I was going to say something like "I suggest you get the blah blah blah, FishMan87...or should I say SPONGE BOB!! HA Ha I know your alternate identity!"

But, you use the same name (As I do) in both forums. Oh well.......... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom