convict(s) in a 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a planted 15 gallon and was wondering if i can keep one or a mated pair of them in my 15 i really love the coloration and have wanted to know if its possible at all for me

nope no upgrade planned what makes them need a larger tank (i know nothing about them i was planing on researching ig the plan was a go)

Well a male can get up to 6" and for a pair, you'd need atleast 30gal. And their very agressive, not community at all. So to have them with other fish requires an even larger tank, very large.

Well, not long term, they really need atleast 24gal, a 6" fish in 15gal of water just doesnt work, I mean it'd be okay for a while, but it'd eventually get too large for your tank. And it'd also have to be the only fish in there, so unless you wanna upgrade, and only have one or two(which even they might not get along, you never know) id say don't do it.

You gotta take in account how big they will eventually get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! That would be cool, a nice tank(maybe even a 55gal? that'd be PLENTY of room) and a breeding pair. Sounds like a sweet idea to me.

I have removed all of the off topic posts. Please keep threads on track.

what sized tank would they need the red points?

Last edited:
what sized tank would they need the red points?

Same as convicts, a 29g minimum for a pair. They breed just as often around every three weeks but the brood is much smaller right around 25-40 fry. My pair seem to average on lower side of 25.

thanks i will soon have an unoccupied 29g tank either for apistos or now red points. do they sell good i mean as far as rarity?

both apistos and red points are a rarity in Colorado i would love to keep both maybe ill get both in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom