convict starts to paring up....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longbrro

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi guys......i have 10 convicts and about 4 days a go 6 of them starts to be a couples.....and every pairs start to have a house and defend there houses....

1- are they going to have babys ???
2- if they have frys ..should i move them to another tank ????.....and how can i move them ??
3- the new tank...how it must be....filter ?....sands ??....rocks ??....heater ??.

i want to sell them....so i want them to be in a good health and i want to save a larger number of them.:confused:

hi guys......i have 10 convicts and about 4 days a go 6 of them starts to be a couples.....and every pairs start to have a house and defend there houses....

1- are they going to have babys ???
2- if they have frys ..should i move them to another tank ????.....and how can i move them ??
3- the new tank...how it must be....filter ?....sands ??....rocks ??....heater ??.

i want to sell them....so i want them to be in a good health and i want to save a larger number of them.:confused:
to answer question number 1 yes they will have babies
number 2 the best way i find to keep all of the babies is to move them from the tank with the parents.the best way to do it is if you have a flower pot or whatever they lay their eggs on,take that out after they do their thing and after 3 days they will hatch feed them fry food a few days after they hatch
and number three sand or gravel is fine and of coarse heater and filter yes
oh and by the way good luck selling them,they breed so easily everyone does it so they have little more value then a feeder fish but have fun raising them anyway

Do you keep other fish in with your convicts? If so letting them breed, which is almost unavoidable if they're pairing, could mean trouble for your other fish. The parents get very aggressive and territorial. Recently a friend of mine got a pair and she ended up culling the entire first spawn as the parents were attacking the other fish so badly. Her one breeding pair has produced at least 200 spawn in three months and just laid 80 more eggs. I don't know if you are familiar with the reputation for breeding these fish have. You may want to do a bit of research as you can may end up with more babies then you are expecting.

Back
Top Bottom