Convict tankmates (safe & colorful)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the input. Sounds like I might be looking at a GT, JD, Severum (color choices?) along with my convict. A local friend here suggested peacock cichlids. Not sure if her was kidding.
Anything on that?
Aloha,
Scott

If he's referring to Malawi peacocks the answer would be no. Best not to mix the lakes/rivers from different continents.

If you got a severum, I would get the yellow/orange severum, my LFS has them. They are pretty cool and probably will be my next choice when I get a tank.

I have a 60g tank and in it I have 1 male convict, 2 females, one 9'' female red Texas cichlid, 1 male, 1 female green terror, 2 red Texas/green terror hybrids, 3 key hole cichlids, 3 Nicaragua cichlids 2 guamies, large plec and a red tailed shark and a talking cat fish and I never get any fighting they all are really tolerant of eachother, when the convicts breed they get a bit territorial but not too bad, oh I've also got a 20g with about 80 6month old convict fry

Most south American cichlids get on with eachother, defo don't mix African with American

I have 2 tiger oscars and an albino red Oscar with my pair of convicts and they all get along really well. I had a JD in with them but took him back to the store because he was beating the heck out of my other fish.

Back
Top Bottom