Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Convict very aggressive

So a neighbor of mine is moving and had a 60 gallon tank with 4 cichlids in there 2 convicts and two other which I didn't know. he knows I am a beginner and keep a tank and ask me did I want them as I already have a lot on my hands I replied no too them all but I would take one of the convicts not both cus I know they spawn like crazy and I have enough minnow and platy fry on my hands I only have one running tank at the moment so she had too go in my main tank and she's so aggressive I have small cover of elodea for fry too hide in she's chowing away and being mean too any fish who come by can anyone tell me if I should move her is she gonna kill the other fish did a little research and wanted some forum feedback also

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Old 04-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

A convict really isn't a good mix with minnows and platys. should be at least a 40 breeder 36"x18" or a 4ft tank.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem691 View Post
A convict really isn't a good mix with minnows and platys. should be at least a 40 breeder 36"x18" or a 4ft tank.
I know those are not the most ideal tank mates but I jus need to no if you think I should rush too move her or will she be OK for a week or two while I get a new tank set up for her

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Honestly only she knows. These cichlids have their own personality. I have had one central go bezerk after 5 months of no problem and kill an entire tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
aggressive, convict

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com