Convict with tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NikkiG78

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I put 1 juvenile convict in a 55 with my other fish? There are 3 neon tetras, 3 glowfish tetras, a Zebra Danio, a Glofish, 4 mollies, and 4 mystery snails.

NikkiG78 said:
Can I put 1 juvenile convict in a 55 with my other fish? There are 3 neon tetras, 3 glowfish tetras, a Zebra Danio, a Glofish, 4 mollies, and 4 mystery snails.

Glowlight tetras*

From the research I did on live aquaria.com, I learned that since this fish is aggressive, it should be kept with other aggressive fish, and the fish should not be smaller than it.

Ok, thanks. I was thinking that since it was little maybe I could but I'll leave it with the others.

It might be ok for a while, but eventually it will become too aggressive for those fish. I would not recommend it.

Yeah that's probably not going to work with the tetras. I do have a male convict with swordtails and he leaves them alone (he's in there due to circumstances out of my control), but it still isn't ideal stocking. Rehome him.

pictuslover23 said:
Yeah that's probably not going to work with the tetras. I do have a male convict with swordtails and he leaves them alone (he's in there due to circumstances out of my control), but it still isn't ideal stocking. Rehome him.

It's in a tank with other convicts, the tank is over populated so I was just going to put it in my other tank but if it's not a good idea then I'll leave it where it is.

Yeah, I have probably 50 convicts. I have already gotten rid of some, I need to get rid of more. They are all under 2 inches

Back
Top Bottom