Convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice,let me know how things progress..looking forward to seeing how things work out..best of luck yo

I will get the black tomarrow hopefully and post a pic. Thanks alot for the help! :)

Looks good. One more question. Is it easier to make them breed in a 10 gallon wrather than a 20?

Actually if they've got clean water,stable temp&fed well they should breed in just about anything lol..make sure to provide plenty of hiding spaces,also if you don't see them out in open water you'd better put on some Barry White & leave the room...

Ok thanks ill put up a pic of my scenary in the tank. Let me know if its not enough hiding spaces

These are my hiding spots. Enough? Or no.

Attachments

• image-1580164548.jpg
    image-1580164548.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4030949018.jpg
    image-4030949018.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1253685246.jpg
    image-1253685246.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 66
My pair just had babies. They like caves and dark places to spawn. If the female can't spot a place to raise young she won't lay eggs for him to fertilize.

Last month they bread and I tried to catch the fry and she killed them all this time I will let her raise em then do 2 swoops with the net the rest is up to them.

My tank also goes into lockdown once they start no water changes no changing scenery they don't like anything disturbed once they start.

1 build a cave
2 warm water
3 a current with air bubbles
4 12 hour days 12 hour nights. Or next to a window they need to know time day vs night

Attachments

• image-1993295734.jpg
    image-1993295734.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3166697036.jpg
    image-3166697036.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 67
Alright i need to get some caves. I will try a flower pot or something. After i buy a male how long do youthink it will take for him to want to mate with one of the two

I just posted a new vid on my YouTube channel called emdakaqueenz as far as a good cave goes you wanna get a bunch of flat rocks and Bury one of them shell or decoration things you got. They want to go in somewhere dark and find compartments one way in one way out. Once you build a good spot the Dom of the tank will claim it then she will escavate the area build hills move gravel etc then she will lay eggs and lure her male in to spray em up.

Oh yea.. Add Betta bowl sand to your tank they like sand for some reason.

Put a cave Rock in the tank then build around it with flat tall rocks till its covered an acess able from a slot or a few quarter sized holes

Yeah i have a 20 gallon im gonna put water in tonight. Hopefully go to the store and get 5 convicts tomarrow and put tjem in

Back
Top Bottom