Convicts breeding again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justkell

Aquarium Advice Regular
My convicts still have fry In the tank but look like they are are trying to breed again the fry are about 10 weeks. Could this be possible

Separate them if you don't want tons of fish. They are one of the easiest fish to breed, that explains their low price. They breed like monsters, literally. You will get a lot of baby's.

My convicts still have fry In the tank but look like they are are trying to breed again the fry are about 10 weeks. Could this be possible

Very possible convicts breed about every three weeks and have hundreds of fry. I too had a pair in my main tank it took me along time to get all the convicts out i put both parents in a 40 gal tank and began using the fry as feeders eventually gave away my female and kept my big male quite often convicts become monogamous and after finding a mate they will never breed with another fish again even if separated this is what happened with mine so after a year and a half later and thousands of convicts i still have my male and about five offspring from them. And surprisingly after that whole ordeal i plan to breed convicts again. Only this time im breeding marbled convicts.

What other fish will eat fry but not be killed by parents?

I have a pair in a 40 breeder. My oldest batch is about the size of a quarter. You can actually see the difference in size relative to fry batches. The oldest fry have started picking off the eggs of the new spawn. I was starting to get overrun with babies. It will regulate itself IMO. I give them away to the neighborhood kids, they aren't worth anything to sell.

Back
Top Bottom