Cool dither.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 4 jds(2 to go to the lfs soon waiting for color/size) and three red zebras. I do 25% weekly wc and I was wondering if I could get a small school of hatchets or am I stocked? Thanks.

Sorry to say the JD and zebras won't work together in the long run. It may be ok now but the zebras will likely kill off the JD once they mature. I'd choose one or the other and build around that species.

Hatchets wont last with Jack Dempsey. If its a big tank 75+ get silver dollars. If its around 55 go with Giant Danios. You could also go with decent sized barbs 4" and up.

Edit: this is presuming you keep the Dempseys and ditch the Africans.

What size tank as well? JD do ok w dithers and zebra/Africans do not

It's a 75 gallon. So the zebras will terrorize the jds? Right now they are all best friends, all swimming around together. Then again my jds are only 3-4 inches and zebras are 5-6

It's a 75 gallon. So the zebras will terrorize the jds? Right now they are all best friends, all swimming around together. Then again my jds are only 3-4 inches and zebras are 5-6

It's possible one day all will change. More likely than not! BUT... If you keep am eye on them just be ready in case. Stranger things have happened! The zebras would be full grown already so I think you could be ok an get lucky! It's a cool mix color wise! Post some pics!

It's possible one day all will change. More likely than not! BUT... If you keep am eye on them just be ready in case. Stranger things have happened! The zebras would be full grown already so I think you could be ok an get lucky! It's a cool mix color wise! Post some pics!

Thanks. Here's some. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397931268.615094.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397931297.385353.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397931657.553559.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397931671.949741.jpg

Here's when I first got them in November. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397931716.548856.jpg

Back
Top Bottom