Could anyone help me ID this fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john.hunter225

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 75g setup from someone and it mainly has peacock cichlids but he also had a pair of these guys in there. I searched all different types of online fish stores but I could not find it. They just mainly hide in the rocks most the day. They are about 2"

The guy I bought my setup from had them for a while in with other cichlids (malawi) and he had them in 7.0 ph with soft water. Ha that could be a big thing on why they haven't really grown. *sigh*

The guy I bought my setup from had them for a while in with other cichlids (malawi) and he had them in 7.0 ph with soft water. Ha that could be a big thing on why they haven't really grown. *sigh*

PH isn't going to affect their growth rate like that. Chances are all those fish were bred in 7.0 water down on fish farms in Florida. Many of the fish that are normally accessible in the hobby are so far removed from their wild origins that PH plays a very small role. The biggest thing is that the PH is stable.

The more likely scenario is they are allot more timid than the Mbuna who more than likely out competed them for food.

Back
Top Bottom