Could These Fish Go Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree the EBJD's will more then likely not make it to maturity. They are just to needy and far from hardy. Regular jd's will be fine. The convicts will be fine as well. I actually prefer to have a mated pair with the larger tanks like this. Even their amped up breeding aggression can't match full size CA's on the larger size. It will actually help them hold their own in a mean tank. As well as offer some free feeders. I would also scrap the pleco. The bio load of this tank is going to be MASSIVE already.

I do buckets for wc's as well. And every time I wanna just kick my tanks over... I'm just to cheap to buy a python but I know it's in my future. Who really enjoys doing about 60 trips each way with a 5g bucket?

It sounds like a good workout. If you are ultra cheap you could just use a water hose attached to a faucet adapter (~$6.50 + s/h). I suggest to get some of the cheap bulk fish food while you are there, and any other random aquarium stuff that they have. The shipping cost kinda bites but not if you buy a few things, it more than makes up for itself vs LFS costs.

Some people advise against using a regular water hose for PWC's but I've yet to have any issues with it for years now with a few different ones, so eh. You could always get the clear drinking water hose from the big box hardware if it were a concern.

Lees Super Pump with Faucet Adapter A regular water hose screws right on to it.

That's a great idea, and yeah it's kinda a cheap workout haha. That's why I do my WC's on the weekend so I'm not burnt out at work during the week haha. I did the math I actually do 34 trips. But that's using 2 5g buckets. And not touching the qt feeder tank. I top the evap. In that one once a month.

But nothing can top the python and I know that. Lol I keep telling myself... 1 more week and I'll buy one. That's been like 5 years running now. Haha

i got lucky with the placement of my tank, its right by a window so i stick the hose out, and vac away, then i just have to lug water to fill it back up. i have an albino oscar, and i cant put anything but the pleco she is with now because she kills eveything. killed 4 mollies and a 3" iridencent catshsrk when she was a little over 2 inches herself... now she is 9" and trained to bite. i love my oscar, but idk about putting one with anything else. with a tank that big u might be ok. i also have read thread after thread of ebjds getting sick, not eating, or just dying becuase they arent a hardy fish at all for some reason, and rather timid at times from what i hear. oscars also grow super fast so ull want to take that into account when looking for tank mates, as if it fits in their mouth, they will try to eat it...

Back
Top Bottom