Crazy and rewarding day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I spent my day moving stock around and picked up 5 additional Meeki from 4 different locations. These are in my 33 Long with the 6th Meeki. Hoping to get 2 pairs and will either rehome the remaining 2 or set up another tank for them.
Then I also moved some of my boring tropical out of the 30 and moved my Maronii with 2 new Maronii from 2 different shops into the 30. Hoping to get1 pair. My Pulcher is in a 29 temporarily until I either rehome him or set up a larger tank for him. Now I just need to rehome some tetras and a gourami and possibly the Pulcher.
I have to say thank you to Mog on here because I think the Meeki tank is my favorite right now. I cant get a really good pic right now because every one is new and still run for cover when I get too close to the tank. So that's how I spent my sunday.

A short video. Their still a little stressed and I think starting to establish a pecking order. I also need to add more caves, rocks and plants.

A short video. Their still a little stressed and I think starting to establish a pecking order. I also need to add more caves, rocks and plants.

Congrats Mike, Meeki's look great!Where did you buy them from? Did you ever thought about Aureums?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1 came from petsmart in wheaton 1 from petco in bloomingdale 1 from tropi-quatics 1 from petsmart in downers grove and 1 from a small shop on north ave I believe its in st Charles. I am hoping they all have no sibling ties in any way.

1 came from petsmart in wheaton 1 from petco in bloomingdale 1 from tropi-quatics 1 from petsmart in downers grove and 1 from a small shop on north ave I believe its in st Charles. I am hoping they all have no sibling ties in any way.

You sure did travel a lot today ?

They are all likely from the same wholesaler even if bought at different stores in the area.

I figured that on the chain stores. The 2 lfs get them from local breeders.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Who also likely got them from that same LFS or chain stores. I'm not trying to be a downer but there's a good chance their gene pools are very close.

True I didn't think of that.

I noticed that some of these are thicker than the others. Is this just variation in general or is there a possibility its a male female difference.

Back
Top Bottom