Crushed coral for africans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do how long should I wait for the water to settle before I turn the filter on? I could put pantyhose over the filter if that will help in some way clear up the water? If its just a waiting game letting the cloudiness (can't even really see through the tank) go away I can do that.

After 4-6 hours you are good to turn them on if you are using only canisters or a wet/dry. HOB can use a day or two to make sure they don't burn out.

I'm using an aqueoun quiet flow 75 think it would be ok to turn it on probably still going to put pantyhose over the intake to be safe

Ok picking up ammonia today to get started.! What should I grab for ammonia like industrial grade stuff or what and how much do I add to dose up to 4 ppm

Ok so I started my fishless cycle a few days ago seeded as per Malawis recommendation I didn't have ammonia yet so I threw in some bloodworms to help start the cycle. So the past three days my ammonia has been steady at 4 ppm should I be worried my ph is about 8.2.

Great news when I tested my ammonia this morning before work it was at .25 ppm this les than 24 hours since it was 4 ppm so my fishless cycle is on its way I will be testing for nitrites and nitrates when I get home but I think in a week or so I will be able to do my final 90% pwc then begin to add fish. This is only 2 1/2 weeks in on my cycle but I heavily seeded when I started.

Back
Top Bottom