Curious about stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsFan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey All,

I am curious about the stock list I have going right now, and am wondering if I should subtract or I have room to add to the tank.

Info about tank.
180G
Tank has been running since about March 1st.
Eheim Pro 3 Filter. Media was seeded in my 40G since Dec 26th.
Lots of hiding places, with rocks, Pirate ships and fake plants.

Current stock list.
2 Parachromis Manageunsis
2 Firemouths
2 Jack Dempsey's
1 Red Oscar
1 Salvini Cichlid
1 Red Tail Shark
1 Pleco (Not sure which kind. 9in currently)
3 Clown Loaches
- RTS and Loaches are from previous tank.
- I am hoping to keep the loaches as my bottom dwelling fish and upping the count.
- I am not sure about the Salvini. Big Al's said it was compatible, but to me it doesn't seem to mesh well. I just get that feeling. I already lost 1.
- I know the RTS will most likely have to go at some point. AQAdvisor said it would conflict with the Oscar.
- I know the Parachromis can be very very aggressive but I love them.

Is there room to play in this tank? Anything I could add that would be interesting and compatible? Anything that should go right now or long term? Will the loaches be fine, I have read conflicting info.

I appreciate any feedback! good or bad lol. Want to make sure everything is good on the tank.

Idk, the Dempsey, pleco, oscar and loaches get pretty big. I think you might be maxed out here with size.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're maxed out with a pair of jags IMO. An adult pair will claim a 180 as their own and you're talking about 2 large fish, anything that gets near their young will be chased and quite easily killed. Salvini are also quite aggressive and I've seen a 1 inch individual take on a 6" Red devil with the devil backing down

Does sound overstocked due to the Jags. I reckon your Oscar will attempt to eat your RTBS as well. Possibly even the clown loaches, depending on the size difference. I have a 2" Oscar i recently bought and it will go in a new 150 Gallon i intend buying in a few months. It wont go with my CL's or RTBS which will stay in my 130 Gallon. The Clown loaches would be ok over 6 inch, but mine for example are about 2.5 inches currently and my Oscar will outgrow them dramatically within 6 months.

You always have to plan ahead! :)

Back
Top Bottom