Current in a munba tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I have finally purchased my final pieces for my 55 gallon build. My canister filter and 800 gph wave maker/ circulation pump. Just a quick question. I have a power head thats in the tank as of now and will be taking it out and placing in my planted aquarium. But will a.
Emperor 400
Aqueon 30?
264 gph canister
And a 800 gph wave maker/circulator
Be over kill for them?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It all depends on the amount of stock. Most people's filtration is at least 10 times the tanks capacity/hour for a normally stocked tank. Mbuna are normally overstocked a bit to cut down on aggression and produce quite a bit of waste. I would suggest placing the circulation pump so that it blows waste from behind rockwork to make cleaning easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It all depends on the amount of stock. Most people's filtration is at least 10 times the tanks capacity/hour for a normally stocked tank. Mbuna are normally overstocked a bit to cut down on aggression and produce quite a bit of waste. I would suggest placing the circulation pump so that it blows waste from behind rockwork to make cleaning easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. Yes this was my plan. I'm gonna place the spray bar and circulation pump on the left side of the tank. And have the inflows of two out of three filters on the right to pick up any particles IE waste. I just thought maybe the wouldn't like all the current. But have heard the are just fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom