Cycling Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, so i think i'm going to start up another discus tank. A 55 or 75, depending on the deals. How long would you suggest cycling for?/any tips? The current discus tank (55 barebottom) we change 50% of the water every other day, so is the water ever really cycled? Just want to make sure the tank will be perfect before adding anyone to it! Wc routine will be same

50% every other day seems excessive. How long has the tank been running? You could use media from the current tank to kick start new tank. I would probably let it run a week before adding any fish.

50% every other day seems excessive. How long has the tank been running? You could use media from the current tank to kick start new tank. I would probably let it run a week before adding any fish.

Not for discus.

Never had them so good to know. If keeping them requires that much in WC I doubt I will ever own any.

For an adult discus tank possibly, but they're still small. Taking media from the current tanks a good idea

That's all you need to do. If your setting up a second filter for the second tank, just run both on the existing tank for 2-3 weeks and your done.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Back
Top Bottom