Damaged fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmac1972

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all.... When I do my weekly water changes I have been using easy start by easy- life to condition the water. The tank looks great and fish are in great health.. I have just noticed on a couple of fish that the fins are a little tattered... I have a lot of rock work so maybe that is the reason.. My question is I used to use stress coat or zyme to condition water and that was supposed to help with the slime coat on the fish.. Should I use this along with easy start... Instead of? Searching for advice... Sorry this is long winded.. My finger hurts.... Thanks

We just had to take back a red zebra because he completely ate the tail fin off of a rusty. And he even nipped off some parts of fins on the pleco.
You just need to watch them for a while and find out which one is trying to be the tank "boss". And possibly remove it. Also make sure you have enough caves and hiding places

I don't believe it is going to be a conditioner problem. Someone in that tank is guilty. BTW the less chemicals you introduce into the tank the better. I only use prime and keep my media clean. Stable water parameter are better than constant swings with the intro of chemicals.

Just looked it up and I will give it a try...some people said only draw back was a bad smell.... Is it really that bad?

The smell is only when you open the bottle. Your water will not smell.

I keep a few tanks with different water parameters some with reputations for being sensitive (Discus, Synodontis and Calvus. They have all thrived and not a single death due to water conditions and the only thing other than water I use is Prime. I use no salt for my tangs or softener for the discus.

Prime is definitely the best. The smell really is horrible. Just take a big whiff when you open it. It doesn't make tank water stink.

Watch your fish and see which is bullying the most.

Back
Top Bottom