Debating on which one should i get for my 75 gallon Mbuna or peacock/haps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j0el1212

Aquarium Advice Freak
The look I'm looking for is very bright exotic color also personality.

All males from both species can be kept together, follow these basic rules and research more online:

1- one male of each species, different colored (similar colors will confuse eachother for one another)

2- if a fish isn't fitting well, rehome it

3- have patience and keep rrying

Do just peacocks. They are less aggressive and a lot easier to manage. They are also more colorful. I would not include haps, just let the peacocks have the tank, especially one that small. They will settle in better (which means they will look better).

iv had mixes of gender of peacock and mbuna in the same tank, as long as there is always a 1m 3f(minimum) ratio.
having female peacocks the same colour as a male mbuna (for example) obviously they will hybridize. as long as you accept mixing mouthbrooders will probably end up in hybrids, u can keep almost anything together. but its all individual personality and a good dab of luck for the perfect agression levels for them to be active but not attacking.

male peacocks can be worse than mbunas (with auratus as the exception) so its best to have a tank mostly females. mbuna have the best colour females, zebras for example. OB zebras especially!

or have an all male tank, but these can be hard to get right with some looking male but being female and causing a massive uproar of competition, or some 'bad sheep' x

Back
Top Bottom