Decorations??? / Fake rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will have to figure out how to get a pic on here tonight. Ive got the Cichlid substrate mixed with some blue and black gravel with 6 of the Cichlid rocks and some other type of lava looking rock with a piece of Texas holey rock and some slate shelves on the top and then I have a decoration of a Dragon with airstone and a Buddah Head, I like it and hopefully My Cichlids will when my tank cycles. :)

35049-albums1527-picture10432t.jpg

Ok I figured it out, this is a cell phone pic though so use a little imagination.

mdawg75 said:
Ok I figured it out, this is a cell phone pic though so use a little imagination.

It is tough to see, but it looks pretty good. I like the face in the middle. When I first set mine up it was like yours, over time I just kept adding.

How long have you been cycling? What kind of cichlids you getting?

im into my third week I think of cycling, and I want to get Peacock Cichlids (I think) I want to have some activity in the tank and color and by reading and reaseraching what I have that seems to be what I want. I cant pass the LFS stores up without window shopping. I came to a money freeze so I have not added any new rocks :)

I hear ya on the money freeze, I got lucky and picked up a few tanks for free. Kept the 55 sold the rest. I got most of my rocks from outside and used the cichlid stones for the top layer. I think peacocks tho don't use the rockwork as much, they swim more. I have mostly mbunas, which fought a lot before they had all this rockwork, but they are rockdwellers. Make sure we see the fish when you get them!

This is my strawberry ob peacock, def swims more than hide

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110404_145452.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110404_145452.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 98
Thats a beautiful fish. I am ready (I think) to go with fish. Im cycled. The LFS said start with 3 so that my bioload can handle it. Im excited and will have fish within a few days. The only thing I dont know for sure is my water hardness and mineral content so I will have the LFS check that.

I've been researching peacocks as well. I just finished cycling my 55 and I purchased some cichlid stones(they're awesome!), but I've also read that peacocks like plants as well. So maybe get a few fake plants and make a little forest in the corner or something? Just an idea :)

Yeah I'm gonna try that now that I got another peacock, pictures soon lol. The stones are great, what ones did u order?

I have three Peacocks and they are doing fine, one of them does hang out in one of my Medium Cichlid stones. I went back to the LFS to get a Pleco and the guy told me to wait and check my water stats and make sure im good before adding another ammonia producer. Im excited that I have three now.
Kat , thanks I think im will get some of the fake fern (java) to throw in there too.

Back
Top Bottom