demasoni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katybaby

Aquarium Advice Regular
if was going to breed demasoni would they be easy to sell ?

Demasoni are usually very easy to sell. one of the most desired tropical fish for a new aquarists there is. They can be hard to breed though. They are a very aggressive and you have to learn to deal with that. I breed and sell Demasoni and ship "breeder packs" to those who want to try to start a colony. Demasoni need many females to one sometimes 2 males. And you can't generally add adults to currant tanks with another adult in it because of the hostility, they generally get beat up quickly and can die. You're best off buying young fish and letting them grow up together. Once they mature you have to look for signs of aggressive behavior and then vent your fish and sell of all males besides your largest. Depending on how the market is in your area shops will buy them anywhere from 0.50 to $4.00 an inch because they sell them for around $8.00 at the same size. An adult fish can go for $20.00. Pm me if you have any more questions youd like answered

Fallout801 said:
Demasoni are usually very easy to sell. one of the most desired tropical fish for a new aquarists there is. They can be hard to breed though. They are a very aggressive and you have to learn to deal with that. I breed and sell Demasoni and ship "breeder packs" to those who want to try to start a colony. Demasoni need many females to one sometimes 2 males. And you can't generally add adults to currant tanks with another adult in it because of the hostility, they generally get beat up quickly and can die. You're best off buying young fish and letting them grow up together. Once they mature you have to look for signs of aggressive behavior and then vent your fish and sell of all males besides your largest. Depending on how the market is in your area shops will buy them anywhere from 0.50 to $4.00 an inch because they sell them for around $8.00 at the same size. An adult fish can go for $20.00. Pm me if you have any more questions youd like answered

thanks you for this info :) that was my plan to buy a heep of juveniles and then vent them when they where big enough. i was planing on keeping about 10-15 females and 1 or 2 males :)

You'll have your hands full with 4 to 6 active females. If you could get one male to those 4 to 6 females you'd be sitting good. Maybe instead of trying to do solely that many Demasoni buy 4 or so electric yellows to mix things up a bit and give the tank something a little different then Demasoni breeding mentality. they look good together as well

Fallout801 said:
You'll have your hands full with 4 to 6 active females. If you could get one male to those 4 to 6 females you'd be sitting good. Maybe instead of trying to do solely that many Demasoni buy 4 or so electric yellows to mix things up a bit and give the tank something a little different then Demasoni breeding mentality. they look good together as well

can i be 100% sure they wont cross breed ?

Oh yeah. No cross breeding. I keep my Demasoni with yellows and both fish breed consistently as long as you keep them in check. Provide loooooooots of caves and fake plants for hiding. They will need them for protection

Back
Top Bottom