Demasoni/Yellow Lab tank for beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants won't work with mbuna, they will shred them in a day. If the driftwood is actual wood you really should remove it, it will lower the ph and soften the water, they need high ph hard water.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The wood has lowered it a bit but im waiting for the tannins to stop leeching and then the wood will not effect the water... i ordered a hardness test just to see where i lye with the levels...

Plants just like mixing fish is sort of a wait and see type deal. I havent tried it but ive seen successful tanks and ive seen destroyed tanks haha... just like humans, theres good and bad, aggressive and passive. If i see the water is too soft, it will take me all of 15 seconds to take it out with zero regrets.

Yeah maybe it won't be a problem. I added several cuttings from a planted tank a few times, they would eat the plants pretty much instantly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey i got a question for ya...since i have so many groups of fish do think i could add like some single species to my tank. I am placing an order for a couple female acei and 3 syndo cats and i was thinkin instead of adding a group of the albino zebra if i could just add one and maybe 1 hongi...lol

Back
Top Bottom