Diet? Not Growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYgiantsRP

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 65g tank with Angel, Gold Severum, Red Sevrum, Uaru a couple gourami. I have had them anywhere from 1 year to 6 months. They were all aprox. 3 inchs when i got them and have only grown an inch or so. I feed them Flakes, freeze dried shrimp once a day. Also i give them frozen blood worms every other week. Whats wrong?

NYgiantsRP said:
I have a 65g tank with Angel, Gold Severum, Red Sevrum, Uaru a couple gourami. I have had them anywhere from 1 year to 6 months. They were all aprox. 3 inchs when i got them and have only grown an inch or so. I feed them Flakes, freeze dried shrimp once a day. Also i give them frozen blood worms every other week. Whats wrong?

To my knowledge angels are slow growers, and so are severums I would think.

severums take a while to grow i agree, and angels while are a little better will not shoot out. im a little worried about how the aggression will be, as these are not a common nor reccomended mix, since the severums get so big and the angels so territorial.
the feeding seems fine, but i think some sort of cichlid pellet like NLS or hikari gold would help them to grow faster.
how many of each cichlids in the tank? x

I have had the angel for about 2 years(its only grown about an inch and a half). It has gotten along with everything from frogs, tetras, and ottos. I have since made it a cichlid-ish tank. The gold severum has been in about 8 months and never bothers anyone. The red severum about 6 months, he is a little more territorial, but he dosnet pick fights only defends his little rock cave.

I have one of each

one of each is much better than assumed here!
u may have a dwarf species and nearly full grown angel. maybe they are growing, but to the eye of the owner who sees them every day they dont look much different.
is the 65 long? x

Back
Top Bottom