Different Types of Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensparky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have heard of central american cichlids and african cicihlids , are there any other kinds and can you mix these fish in a fish tank?

Bensparky said:
I have heard of central american cichlids and african cicihlids , are there any other kinds and can you mix these fish in a fish tank?

South American also, I don't know enough about what can and cannot be mixed though.

Yes there are lots more. New world cichlids refers to south and central american cichlids. African cichlids refers mainly 3types.lake malawai,lake tanganiyaka,and lake victorian cichlids.third is asian cichlids which refers cichlids mainly from the lagoons of India and srilanka.
Don't mix up all these cichlids in same tank,no matter how big it is. This mix-up can be a disaster.coz all these cichlids requires different environment,food habit and tank size as well. Some of these are super aggresive.some are semi aggresive and some are really peaceful. So don't even think to mix them. Hope this info help.

Back
Top Bottom