Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bizbaz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody I bought a discus yesterday which when I went to view the fish was black and orange now I have had it in my tank since yesterday afternoon it has started turning electric blue instead of black which looks beautiful but I'm wondering if this is normal it's feeding well on beef heart and has instantly got himself to the top of the pecking order my water is 28 deg half r o and half tap water at 6.8 ph all other fish are happy tank is well cycled at 18 months old well planted with c02 unit is this fish going to be ok or does it need medicine I have not lost a fish for a long time so won't be impressed if this one dies

I think he should be fine. How did you acclimate it and what are tank mates? Also what are tour other water parameters? Discus are sensitive fish and many fish will change colors when stressed.

Lighting can easily change how discus look. If it goes from a black to a blue you should be fine. Fish go pale when they aren't doing to well. But for safety sake. Same questions as above.

Ammonia nil nitrite nil nitrate 5 ppm tank mates are Congo tetra x6 5 clown loach 1 gold nugget plec 1 starlight plec 1 striped plec with a transparent tail don't know what it's called 1 zebra plec and 11 copper harlequin Rasbora I do frequent water changes and run 2 filters constantly 1 of which is a fluval 305 going through a uv steriliser

Back
Top Bottom