Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again, time difference is a killer - you guys are always getting active as I'm off to bed. 1.00 am over here, just returned very drunk from watching Springsteen - LEGEND, nearly pipped the Foo's concert last year! Had to do a small water change due to high temps, we're having a very unusual heat wave at present.

That tank is amazing. I have to keep telling myself "no 4th tank No 4th tank" LOL

I'd add a few pairs of mikrogeophagus ramirezi for the bottom, they compliment discus so well IMO (if it's a show tank, I'm assuming it is) and then a school of lemon tetras (my go to for dithers)

Good recommendations my friend. I was actually looking into the lemons. Here's a few pics I was able to get. They are still pretty shy.

Attachments

• image-3139303648.jpg
    image-3139303648.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-100066851.jpg
    image-100066851.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2384425840.jpg
    image-2384425840.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 50
  • image-4120764117.jpg
    image-4120764117.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 50
Actually, two species that I think would be cool for it is dicrossus filamentosa/maculatus. Both are awesome little guys that would add a unique pattern into the tank., and you don't commonly see them, especially the latter.

Or you could always add some cleithracara maronii ;) No peaceful cichlid tank is complete without one!

Basically, anything that won't out compete the discus for food are a good choice. For this reason, angels don't work out well with them. I did see something online about tapajo doing ok with them

Actually, two species that I think would be cool for it is dicrossus filamentosa/maculatus. Both are awesome little guys that would add a unique pattern into the tank., and you don't commonly see them, especially the latter.

Or you could always add some cleithracara maronii ;) No peaceful cichlid tank is complete without one!

Basically, anything that won't out compete the discus for food are a good choice. For this reason, angels don't work out well with them. I did see something online about tapajo doing ok with them

All good choices! Dicrossus are cool little fish.

Back
Top Bottom