Discus bully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NexVobis

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've read these are peaceful fish, yet one of my discus chases the other around the tank. Is this normal? Also wondering if it bullies my two Bolivian Rams since they're always hiding? Regardless I've been keeping an eye out on this discus.

Although discus are peaceful everyone forgets they are still cichlids! They can be aggressive depending on how many you have. How many do you have? Also it is normal they do have a "pecking" order in which there is one alpha, and they're will be one at the bottom of the chain, that is why more is better!

jbree13 said:
Although discus are peaceful everyone forgets they are still cichlids! They can be aggressive depending on how many you have. How many do you have? Also it is normal they do have a "pecking" order in which there is one alpha, and they're will be one at the bottom of the chain, that is why more is better!

Ah I see. I only have two so far. Want 3-4 more. Hopefully I find more for $19.99. :-O

Yeah def get it least one more in a rush. Having 2 the Alfa will pick on him until he can't get good and he may die, so make sure he's eating! But with the third one it makes the alpha have 2 to pick on so it's spread out instead of always being the same one! That's why more is better!

Back
Top Bottom