Discus Help Needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wingman-Goose

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 6 discus in my 90 gallon tank! 4 have been fine since the first couple of days and have grown as expected! However, 2 are quite shy, get bullied away from food and are not getting any bigger.

I believe the dominance of the other 4 is causing problems but they have been okay on and off. Is there anything I can do to get them to eat?

Worried that I may be close to losing them if I can't sort something!

Do you have any other tanks to keep them seperate in for a while?

Unfortunately not! I have one other tank running but the tank mates would not be compatible for the discus!

Hmm... Is there any signs that the two discus are sick or is it just the bullying?

No signs of sickness to the fish and water parameters are good! I have done a water change with no effect!

It just seems that four of them have grown, they will bully each other but will still feed. However, the final two don't come to the top for food because they get chased away.

Can you get some sinking food for them and while the greedy ones are occupied drop the sinking food for the other two? (I'm a newbie and never kept discus, just seems like something I'd try)

Back
Top Bottom