Discus I.D please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesselav1233

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What kind of discus is this he was in a tank labeled red snakeskin but he looked vastly different from the rest of the ones in the tank with him so I think he got miss labeled I'm not sure none of the other red snakeskin discus had any blue in them except this guy that's why I'm guessing he is something different

To me he looks like a pigeon blood but then the dark stripes looks like checkerboard :/ I'm not really an expert but that's my opinion :)

it looks a bit like my leopard

38871-albums1731-picture35702.jpg

Kinda looks pigeon blood to me maybe red turquoise too; despite the head portion. Maybe some hybrid. See jack watley's website on discus, may help too.

severum mama said:
It actually looks rather stunted and stressed. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, for sure.

He's in my tank he was really sick almost completely black a week ago but he seems to be on the mend no more body slime and his color is coming back nicely here's a newer one of him

The size of the eye and the football-shaped body.

I don't mean any disrespect toward you so I hope my post did not seem rude. Good on you for getting the fish healthy.

severum mama said:
The size of the eye and the football-shaped body.

I don't mean any disrespect toward you so I hope my post did not seem rude. Good on you for getting the fish healthy.

Yea I agree. I had a discus that was stunted too. All of my other ones were perfectly fine tho. He had always been that way, and he was a rescue.

It means that the fish might grow some, but won't reach anywhere near the potential adult size for a discus. I suspect you aren't looking to keep show quality fish anyway (most people aren't, as it is an incredible amount of work), so as long as the fish is healthy and eating, and you enjoy keeping it, more power to you. (y)

Last edited:
I hope he grows he's still pretty small but I will love him just the same if he doesn't at least he seems to be feeling better now:) thanks for the info everyone

Back
Top Bottom