Discus journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418236280.681459.jpg lfs got in some very nice discus. Could not resist! Got the last two of my stock. Am transferring everyone over the my 55 later today. Wc are going to be a pain, but i'll deal.

Treeman i went through my old topics I've participated in and found one where you posted a photo and said to be very hands on with the discus. They're beautiful! And you were right. I put my hand anywhere near the top of the tank and they all flock to me and love to be hand fed (Bigger of the two sets of discus)

Thanks Jess. I've been quite swamped and limited time hasn't allowed me to look back and post links. I'll try to find the ones of me holding them in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Dont mind the castle. Was just trying to put as much stuff from the other tank as possible for now. Driftwood makes it really hard to clean the tank, but ill figure something out

Here's mine....20 discus ranging from juvies to largeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418273961.930772.jpg

It's a 6x3x2, 500L/125G. Since its heavily stocked, there are 2 canisters, 2 mechanical filters & a nitrate reactor. WC is once a week for 30%....& cleaning

I'm doing enough overtime at the moment to spend the extra money ha! Prices are expensive here aswell depends on actual size and strain. Some of the 17cm discus fetch about £110+ not sure what that is in $

You can get the more common ones (but still very pretty) in the 4-5 inch range for £30-£50 at some of the places I go. On the other hand you can pay £300 plus each as well, for rarer ones.

Just rehydrate those tubiflex really well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you are doing great on the food. I use Discus Biogold regularly, & Tetra FD Bloodworms twice a week & FD Brine Shrimp once a week. Never heard of hydrating the worms though.

Neither have i! But im going to look into it. The disus go absolutley crazy for the fd tubifex worms, and they scatter enough that they dont fight each other for it. I know it sounds crazy, but i already see changes in their size and coloring.

You have to rehydrate all freezdried foods.. that's how fish bloat and constipate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's an interesting point. Since I have 2 community tanks I dip the FD Bloodworms in metro for a few minutes before I give the fish. It's more as a precaution rather than trying to rehydrate the food.

That's an interesting point. Since I have 2 community tanks I dip the FD Bloodworms in metro for a few minutes before I give the fish. It's more as a precaution rather than trying to rehydrate the food.

How often ?

Back
Top Bottom