Discus journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
First time with juveniles.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418010220.173869.jpg

Eating, pooping, machines. Three days in and so far so good. Very active, but 2/3 are still people shy. They learned how to use the black worm feeder today thought:) Going to keep this thread updated to look back on, and in case anyone else is interested.

Just curious what your routine is for your juvies ie feeds per day, feeding times, what food, how many water changes per week and what percentage?.....with my new tank trying to decide weather to go down the juvie route or get some full grown discus.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im doing 75% wc per day, feeding them black worms small bits three times a day, so in the morning noon and night. And after hours if they look interested

Go full grown adults. A little easier on the water bill and a little less time on maintenance and more time to sit back and view. ??

I'm doing enough overtime at the moment to spend the extra money ha! Prices are expensive here aswell depends on actual size and strain. Some of the 17cm discus fetch about £110+ not sure what that is in $

Looking good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do have some somewhere. They're in threads and have exceeded my upload quota so I can't post anymore. I'll try to find the threads and send the links.

What are people's favourite strains and why?.....

Personally, i like a variety. No two of mine look alike. One is speckled, not a huge fan of that and im not sure about others. Not really sure what being speckled really means on a discus

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418150352.675240.jpg

I have a pair of these at the moment but am moving on due to a change of plan

Treeman i went through my old topics I've participated in and found one where you posted a photo and said to be very hands on with the discus. They're beautiful! And you were right. I put my hand anywhere near the top of the tank and they all flock to me and love to be hand fed (Bigger of the two sets of discus)

Back
Top Bottom