Discus not felling well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discus4Life

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had my six discus for more the 3 years,know out of no where is not eating and is hiding like it wasnt felling well, my water parameters are in perfect condition like allways and the fish dosent show any sing of external sikness like parasites ,bacteria or fungus ,what i know is that fish use to eat allways like there was no tomorow,exesively ,and what i heard discus have sensitive stomags, so maybe he have a stomag sikness ,i dont know, any one have any ideas... this problem started only 3-2 days ago.

The one presenting this problem is the blue dimond discus,everyone else is fine.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110802_193115.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110802_193115.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 159
  • ForumRunner_20110802_193319.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110802_193319.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 151
  • ForumRunner_20110802_193514.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110802_193514.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 150
I have a discus that does the same thing. It's been 3 weeks for mine . No clue why though. I had another of mine stop for over a month and just one day was back to normal now he is huge. Wish I could help but im going through the same thing with mine. What size tank and how many fish?

I have 55gal , with 6 discus ,5 corys ,1 pleco,1 catfish, and 4 rams.thats pretty much it

Do the rams bother your discus? I had 2 Bolivian s and they bullied mine so I have been discus only since then. Is the discus thats not eating getting picked on by other fish?

Not at all,the rams are super pasive and non of the other discus is picking on him.

Ive been loking on the web for this problem and it turns out is very very common but the funny thing is that no budy knows WHY or how to fix it,i think he is stomag sick and thats pretty much it, cure ???? Unknown

My guess is that it may be some psychosis they go through. I have seen this happen before, my grandma tried to keep discus in her tank and they lasted about six or seven months before they all mysteriously died off one by one...perhaps it's bacteria that some fish emit. I know angels and gouramis emit some sort of bacteria. Maybe your discus are sensitive to it?

I do have heard something like that with angels fish,that they could carrie diseas bad for discus,but i really dont know scuad about that lol

It's says just the gouramis which I'm not sure how true it is. It says angels and plecos are to aggressive which I think is true . They are sensitive fish but I doubt that gouramis make fish sick.

Hondatek said:
It's says just the gouramis which I'm not sure how true it is. It says angels and plecos are to aggressive which I think is true . They are sensitive fish but I doubt that gouramis make fish sick.

True. Plus I don't know how accurate this may be, I got the info from this and a book on discus a year ago. Could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom