discus possible tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They need different water parameters I'm pretty sure. The discus soft water and lower ph and the birchir harder with a lil higher ph ( they are from the Nile aren't they?)( tho I don't alter my ph for my fish, but know discus are sensitive) idk about personality wise, but when I was thinking of discus ( loosing my job killed that idea bc of their price) I was reading they like smaller fish. I was going to put rams and redline sharks with mine. Not really helpful but just tidbits... Did you see the thread I posted for you? Your inbox was full...

My bichirs are actually in soft water with a low ph
I know bichirs won't eat the discus cause they'd be too big but I don't want the bichirs to stress the discus or attack them

There's a thread with your name ( title) and pix in the forum. Cant post pix in pm :-(

I dont have any personal exp, but have been looking into latley. Not much to choose from. Corys, tetras, rams only if they are docile. I did read where someone had them with uarus but that was only once. You also need to keep them in large groups. 5,6,7 so that means you need a big tank. How big is your tank?

NYgiantsRP said:
I dont have any personal exp, but have been looking into latley. Not much to choose from. Corys, tetras, rams only if they are docile. I did read where someone had them with uarus but that was only once. You also need to keep them in large groups. 5,6,7 so that means you need a big tank. How big is your tank?

I'm going to put them in a 200 gallon planted about 8-10 maybe 12 discus
I might not add the bichirs might keep them in my 150 still
Will add large schools of something but not sure what?

Bl80 said:
There's a thread with your name ( title) and pix in the forum. Cant post pix in pm :-(

I can't find it
& I'm using the app on the phone so idk if that makes it harder to look for it?
What section is it in? Freshwater & brackish general discussion?

Back
Top Bottom