Discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeritself

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just spent the morning completely redoing my discus tank. Changing the substrate is quite the task.

Here's the new tank.

image-1074395045.jpg

Looks good! I'd tilt the tree to the left a bit if possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pretty much, nature very seldom displays it's fallen soldiers in such a perfectly upright orientation, pretend the wind knocked it over;) or a hugeeee discus fart!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cool. The lighter substrate not only looks better, but will help prevent peppering.

Is that a Clown Loach in between the rocks?

If also add some taller driftwood if you can, something more substantial to provide cover to the upper areas of the tank. Otherwise tank looks great, just slant that piece like brookster said, but everything else looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Everything I'm reading about lilies in the aquarium point to a no go given the different lighting requirement. I have been wanting to give it a go in my 120 for a by now but haven't gotten a cheap enough plant to try it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe I'll go with another plants that can give some shade. I'm running a finnex planted+ on that tank now because originally I was going to plant heavily. I may have to rethink my strategy.

Looks great. I would add some tall vals in the back for them to hide in.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My discus love my jungle val, and bacopa forrests.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really like the light, but I need to get some shade in the tank. The moonlight makes the color pop on the discus.

Back
Top Bottom