Discus tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexis96

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30gal with four small discus and six baby rams, would adding a few neon tetras cause any overcrowding? I've heard the tetras can make the discus feel more comfortable in their tank

I'm not really familiar with discus but I would call that tank stocked with just the rams.. I'm pretty sure those discus will get stunted in there and probably die from that if the water quality does not get them first... I'd consider a larger tank..

Thank you. I wish I could put them in something bigger now but I'll have to get rid of them before I go off to university this fall anyways

If you're gonna hand off your stock anyway, best not to add anything to the fray. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most cories do not work with discus, sterbai are one of the few that will tolerate higher temps, otherwise most will slowly perish in the temps necessary for discus.

I would comment on the original post but the op has only two posts since joining, #1 and #3 and hasn't been back since. As well, 2 months is a long time and if it was that important to them they'd probably have returned sooner.

Back
Top Bottom