Discus vs African Peacocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Discus, but they are very hard to keep as they require very good water conditions:D

The new tank bread fish are alot better than the original wild caught fish with good filters its not hard at all

As long as the tank is run in for 6 months stable and you dot have a loud room and you shut off the lights for 4-6 days on introducing your fish in minimum 2 preferably 3 at a time and not to run around the tank or have loud music ever oh and have the best frozen food and dry food and flake oh and mine hate tv! so you will do fine see easy

Oh and I forget you need to move out of the room the tank is in for the 4-6 days only niping in to feed under low light that is on a dimer brought up slow and you lot think an Oscar can sulk thay will sometimes stop eating for up to 2 months at 9 inches if you move there favourite plant or sometimes if you trim it but yeh not bad as thay were in the old days

If i get discus i would probably get an r/o unit to lower the ph alittle and make the water soft. I heard disucs are sensitive aswell. I really like them, but theyre expensive fish too.

If i get discus i would probably get an r/o unit to lower the ph alittle and make the water soft. I heard disucs are sensitive aswell. I really like them, but theyre expensive fish too.
They don't go for that much. I know a local breeder that sells to me 3'' for 5$ because i know him, usually it's 15$, but when they are 5'', the prices go up to 70$, and the higher the more expensive:)

Here in the uk, for a range of different colour your looking at £20 min.
Wow that's 30$ here. Maybe try contacting a local breeder:)
I like getting from the breeder because they are usually disease free and from a recognized and trusted source.

I dont use the ro water its not needed if you use blackwater I prefer to use dried indian almond leaf and bark also you dont water change as often depending on the tank 1-2 weeks and only 30% and warm it up to tank temp before adding to the tank temperature and not having big changes if you can get them to live from the shop in to there 3rd week you will know if you got it correct there is no other way

True but if you can get them up to size then you know how to look after them properly and a 4 inch is like £15

True but if you can get them up to size then you know how to look after them properly and a 4 inch is like £15
That's the hard part. Also, i find them nice and well colored, but i think they look weird.:ROFLMAO:
I'll stick to shark and cichlids(y)

Back
Top Bottom