Dithers for keyhole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a single keyhole in a 30g with a bn and group of guppies. I've noticed the keyhole seems to get easily spooked lately and has spent more time hiding in the plants.

Unfortunately the only place for the tank is a spot we walk past constantly so that's not something I can fix. Would some actual schooling fish be more helpful to get him comfortable since the guppies sort of just derp around the tank regardless of what's happening? And if so, what are some good ones for the size tank? I've never kept schooling fish before.

He is very peaceful and while I know he does grab the occasional fry (which is his job lol) he's more than content to grab pellets floating past fry most of the time so size isn't as big of an issue.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Schooling fish will definitely make him feel more at ease. My favorite schooling tetras are rummynoses, but they are very active swimmers and a 30 gallon may not be long enough for them to swim. How about a school of neons? They will pretty much just hang around which will make the keyhole feel safe enough to come out.

Almost any tetra species will do, many small rasboras and danios as well. Something under 2" but big enough to not be eaten

Ok, guess I'll get to googling lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom