Do any live plants work on an African cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
QuietPlotter said:
Amazing tank Convict

Thanks!! A lot of time and and re arranging went into that tank! It's truly my pride and joy! Other then my family of course but you know what I mean. I spent weekends upon weekends on it. And even had to break it all down and redo it! But I'm happy with it and I get a lot of compliments on it. So thanks again!!

Happy New Year!

Yes, Happy New Year. But that tank is by far one of the coolest I've ever seen, and that's competing with all the Amano tanks I have seen, all of the "rock gardens" (forgot what they were called) and all of the biotopes and planted specialties.

Great tank, someday I'll use it as an example for a bigger tank.

Convict,
Just curious do you remove all the rocks to vacuum or do you just clean around them and get what you can? I would hate to remove all of that for fear of not getting it back!!

CraigMac said:
Convict,
Just curious do you remove all the rocks to vacuum or do you just clean around them and get what you can? I would hate to remove all of that for fear of not getting it back!!

I work around everything. I'm heavily scaped so it would be a HUGE pain. So yes I just work around everything and do the best I can.

That's what I figured otherwise it would be an 8 hour job! Have your parameters stayed stable?

CraigMac said:
That's what I figured otherwise it would be an 8 hour job! Have your parameters stayed stable?

Yes, I haven't had any issues at all. I do 2 50% wc a week. Mon and Fri. And many members here know my OCD is bad so I'm always testing. So far so good. I also have a fx5 and a AC 110 running on my 75g with 2 air stones. So I'm sure that is helping :)

Cool, my tank is getting more and more rocks and removing them all is a pain! What pump do you have running your airstone? My local stores only have pumps rated up to 60 gallons so I don't think they will work I my 90.

CraigMac said:
Cool, my tank is getting more and more rocks and removing them all is a pain! What pump do you have running your airstone? My local stores only have pumps rated up to 60 gallons so I don't think they will work I my 90.

I'm using Rena 300's on for each. I have a 4" round and a 12" wand in the middle.

Ive tried a few and all have been devoured. Finally tried some some amazon swords and have I have four of them now and they don't touch them.

Back
Top Bottom