Do you guys use purigen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. I bought into the hype of purigen, chemi pure elite, you name it I bought it. But in the end... Old fashion water changes is all you need!! And of course as mentioned Prime. I buy it as big as available to me.

Just wanted to make it clear that I don't see purigen as a substitute for regular water changes. Nothing is.

Purigen does a great job in my turtle tank. Crystal clear, but I also have an excellent filter with TONS of biomedia. And yes you can never overfilter, I was just trying to save you some dough lol. I'd go FX5 and save yourself some unnecessary hose. I got one on eBay a long time ago. Waiting to use it with my 130.

Purigen does a great job in my turtle tank. Crystal clear, but I also have an excellent filter with TONS of biomedia. And yes you can never overfilter, I was just trying to save you some dough lol. I'd go FX5 and save yourself some unnecessary hose. I got one on eBay a long time ago. Waiting to use it with my 130.

I wanted to get the fx5 now, but I have a very shallow cabinet, so it wouldn't fit. The only way I got my 406 in there is by sticking it out of the back.

Back
Top Bottom