Does more food = increased growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was curious to hear what people know or have found regarding quantity of food and how it affects growth rates of Africans. Obviously food is required for them to grow and be healthy but am wondering if by feeding more they will grow faster or if I'm just polluting the water.

Polluting the water. Max growth by increasing temp. It raises the metobolic rate of the fish. Feed small amounts twice a day.

Was curious to hear what people know or have found regarding quantity of food and how it affects growth rates of Africans. Obviously food is required for them to grow and be healthy but am wondering if by feeding more they will grow faster or if I'm just polluting the water.

Not only does more food pollute the water, but some research has shown that overfeeding causes the ovaries of the females to accumulate excessive fatty tissue and shuts down their reproductive ability.

What type of temps are you talking for growth? I keep peacocks and mbuna and keep my temps at 80

In addition to water pollution, liver and kidney problems will occur if overfeed these predators constantly.

Back
Top Bottom