Does my baby Red Oscar have "hole in the head"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Gilpi. Even if this IS hole in the head, good foods and water quality can reverse the condition. If you see the areas eroding, then treat for hexamita. (y)

Yeah the main way people cure HITH (which is now known as HILLE) is to get really clean water. So just get some of that by cleaning it reaaaal nice.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Just read on a different thread how HITH is caused by a parasite and HILLE is from bad water. I didn't even realize they were different.

Thanks guys.

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why are you recommending advice for something you know absolutely nothing about?

Sorry I forgot to pretend I know everything by googling it first, my bad.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nobody is googling anything in this forum. I think you are taking what we said a few threads back a little too literally and are being misconstrued. At no point in this forum has anyone "googled information" just to give advice.

Hukit is known for giving advice on HITH and HLLE. As far as I can remember, he is the one who brought these matters to my attention.

Why would you recommend aquarium salt for a sickness in which you know nothing about? Even worst, why would you say "take the fish back and say you want a new one?"

Obviously, the OP wants to keep the fish, and wants to provide care for the fish. Basically, what I'm saying is, there are a lot more qualified people who can give a quantified solution to the problem instead of some elementary diagnostic.

I understand you are here to learn because you have some questions of your own, but that doesn't give you the right to suggest punitive actions on a disease or sickness that you clearly know nothing about.

If someone on here doesn't know an answer to a problem, we simply don't answer. We wait for someone who knows an answer to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's why advice is what it is ADVICE, and I can suggest whatever I want honestly. Maybe I thought it was wounded and needed salts, I've had Oscars before and never had seen that. So before you get all high and mighty and assume I know nothing think again dude. I assumed wrong along the fact that it was something else give me a break.

Also I said maybe take it back,what i really meant to say was so that someone that does it for a living might know how to treat it, sorry for not elaborating further on the subject.

That's why advice is what it is ADVICE, and I can suggest whatever I want honestly. Maybe I thought it was wounded and needed salts, I've had Oscars before and never had seen that. So before you get all high and mighty and assume I know nothing think again dude. I assumed wrong along the fact that it was something else give me a break.

I lurked your other thread a while back and didn't say anything. But the others are right on this. You shouldn't give advice if you don't know about the topic you are advising. These are fish that people care about they come on to forms to get knowledgeable help not guesses. What if your advice killed someones pet because you were guessing?

This happened to me recently I bought a sick fish with IP's and listened to some dopes advice that claimed to know what he was talking about, my fish died. People can say what ever they want cause they don't see consequences and there are no reprocutions.

You seem like a nice enough guy wanting to help and all. I am sure there are things in the hobby that you know about that others don't you should give people advice on that stuff.

I have heard it said many times God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason. We should listen twice as much as we talk.

But then we would have to formulate a math problem because eventually everyone wouldve talked to much and could only listen, so we would have a silent world.

But maybe thats a good thing lol.

Anyways, i usually try to provide what i know, which in this case isn't much, and can be backed with evidence in a quick google search. And I'm really terrible with anything to do with plants or diseases, so i just watch and learn. The only thing i new about this was something i just read a day ago that HUKIT typed, which was that HITH and HILLE weren't the same.

So its good to just sit back and learn every now and then. :)

Back
Top Bottom