Does this look more like a Greshakei now???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I first got this fish it was really washed out colors and didnt look like a Greshakei. Now it has darkened up and I think it is one. But, I want to get the experts opinion. I did get it out of the mixed tank, but I was pretty sure of what it was based on the stripes and the bars on the face and the shape of the body. It is currently less than 3" long so still pretty juvenile. You tell me what you think.

Attachments

• DSC00646.jpg
    DSC00646.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00647.jpg
    DSC00647.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 82
If I had to guess, I would say yes! I'm jealous if it is. I really want one of these and can't find one! Nice looking fish either way.

If I'm not mistaken HondaKid, you have a Hongi. I cant find one of those here, so we are even.....LOL.

Female Greshakei????

I picked up this girl today. Hoping it is a female Greshakei. Anyone confirm?

Attachments

• DSC00810.jpg
    DSC00810.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00817.jpg
    DSC00817.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 72
Here are some more shots...

Attachments

• DSC00830.jpg
    DSC00830.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00837.jpg
    DSC00837.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00841.jpg
    DSC00841.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00869.jpg
    DSC00869.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 63
A couple more. The bright blue is with the flash so the color of the fish is brighter than it should be. She/he is really a dull brown. Daddy has come into his colors nicely though.

Attachments

• DSC00884.jpg
    DSC00884.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00889.jpg
    DSC00889.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00871.jpg
    DSC00871.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00880.jpg
    DSC00880.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 66
Looks like a female to me. Mine has a blueish sheen in their fins, but were brown in color. You only really saw the blue in a camera flash or with a flash light. :) That is a very nice looking male!

Thanks Dizz, once again I had to pick it out of a tank of "mixed Cichlids". I guess this means I am getting smarter? Thanks to you I am enjoying this tank to no end! The male has completely hollowed out all the sand from under the rock that I have the picture of him in front of. I think he is ready for a girl!! Luckily when I put the rocks in, i pushed them all the way to the bottom. I knew that they would dig like you told me so I made sure they couldnt fall. Again you saved my butt.

LOL they sure do love to dig! Wait till he starts moving the plants!

Isn't it fun watching them dig? They sure make a mess tho!

BTW, how big is the male? I kept one of my fry to grow out, possitive it was a male and it is now 2.5" and still a dark brown. :(

I can't find ONE of these (Greshakei) and you stumble across and hand pick a male and female?! This just isn't right! :)

Nice finds. The male is starting to look really nice.

He is about 2.5 to 3 inches. I think he is my favorite in the tank. He has definately made that cave his own. He is the only one that has staked out a home. The rest just kind of roam around. I sure do love the Mbuna!!

Back
Top Bottom