dont forget to eat your veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adicted2cichlids

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering what kind of fresh vegetables my fish would like I have 2 jewels 3 aceis 2 Kenyii 1 electric blue hap 1 yellow lab 1 arautus and 1 ob peacock..

Zucchini and cucumber are used often. Plecos love them too! Ive tried lettuce and celary my fish didnt seem to like them very much lol

Personally i just slice them into strips
And remove the seeds. You dont really need
To do that but i find the seeds in my
Filter and its
Gets annoying. Just be sure to rinse with fresh water before placing in tank. I also try to anchor it to the botton or use a seaweed clip in the side if the
Tank so it stays stationary. Some chop
Them into cubes, but this makes
It a bit more
Difficult to clean up uneaten pieces

Run a long vegetable skewer through the slices. It lets you stagger the pieces a bit and keeps them all together at the same time. Then clean-up is usually just pulling the skewer back out.

Ovid said:
Run a long vegetable skewer through the slices. It lets you stagger the pieces a bit and keeps them all together at the same time. Then clean-up is usually just pulling the skewer back out.

+1 this is an awesome idea!

I feed my mbuna romain lettuce sometimes and the love it. They swarm it like piranhas.

Back
Top Bottom