Dorky Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
quick question alli, what are your water details: Ph, hardness, etc. (i assume you have clean water and whatnot. what fish would do it in dirty water?) my last breeding female died while i was on vacation and i have yet to get the other to breed yet. i'm just curious about your water. :)

Lessee...

Tap is 7.0; last time (last week) I tested the fertility tank it was 6.4. Hardness is about 3 and tank temps are 82F-84F. No ammonia or nitrites, 30 ppm nitrates. I have the rams and the angels breeding in that tank; initially the angels bred in the 55g, and I may have another pair in the works (same temps and hardness, pH 6.0, no ammonia or nitrites, 60 ppm nitrates! Yep; fish do it in dirty water LOL). Plus, my male gourami is busy building a bubble nest in the 10g despite the fact I have no female gouramis (dork LOL). All the tank that have fish thinking about love all have live plants to some degree and get water changes 1x a week at 10-25%.

Do you know if you have any females Medge? Its kinda hard to tell until they breed; that may be part of the prob.

well...

i believe I have 1 for sure. she's got a pink belly. I have 2 blue males. then i have 2 gold rams. I think one MIGHT be a female, really, no idea what the gold ones are. I thought when i bought them i'd figure it out after a while. and i haven't. so much for that idea. i had every one together in the big tank for a while, no luck. then i put the female and a male in the 10 to see if they'd have a go of it, no luck. i may switch the males to see what happens. My Ph is 7.0 at the moment and thats w/ CO2. i bought some RO water that I'll start mixing in to lower the Ph a little more and we'll see what happens. Fish are funny. sometimes ya get the prolific ones, sometimes you don't! if i find another female (ok, if i'm 90% its a female) I may consider adding her in there. everyone seems to be pretty happy, so i'm not too too concerned about makin babies.

Oh thats right! You've got Germans. Its easier with them I think; the Bolivians don't do the pink belly thing. I have to wait for the breeding tubes to drop before I can tell. Whats the tank temp? I know Germans like it hot *grin*

Heh, and making babies wasn't on my agenda. My fish apparently never got the memo tho LOL

Plus, angelfish are in demand around here, and I'm sure I can sell a few rams as well *grin* might as well make em earn their keep.

right now its at 78.... my house is cold right now (trying to avoid the heater so we don't have to pay too much). i'm bumping it up to 80 (and may go up to 82 in another few days) to see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom