Dwarf chchlid, rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello fish tank people. I am trying to get a breeding pair of dwarf chchlid. I have 20g with few hiding spots with plants. Mainly looking for easy to breed and colorful body. ( I already know gbr and electric blue ram).

Hello fish tank people. I am trying to get a breeding pair of dwarf chchlid. I have 20g with few hiding spots with plants. Mainly looking for easy to breed and colorful body. ( I already know gbr and electric blue ram).

Thanks for letting us know! Did you have a specific question that I missed in there?

I am looking for a dwarf chchlid to breed. But I don't know what to get.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apistogramma cacatoides, easy care, easy breeding, easy sale. Get 1 male and 2 fem. of quality stock. Sandy bottom, 4 different caves, lots of sight break/plants, clean water and good frozen foods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am looking for a dwarf chchlid to breed. But I don't know what to get.

Choose something you like to look at! Do some research and figure out what you might need to breed any particular species and choose based on what you might be capable of doing based on those needs. A 20 gallon tank is an ok choice to try and get a pair of fish to breed in. But then what happens when they start breeding? Where are you keeping the fry? How are you going to feed them? what are you going to feed them? what kind of maintenance does this project require? There is a bit more to it than just picking a species and "breeding".

As you said, rams are a good choice; as are the apistos mentioned above. But dont dive in head first before learning a bit more about the species and the process.

Choose something you like to look at! Do some research and figure out what you might need to breed any particular species and choose based on what you might be capable of doing based on those needs. A 20 gallon tank is an ok choice to try and get a pair of fish to breed in. But then what happens when they start breeding? Where are you keeping the fry? How are you going to feed them? what are you going to feed them? what kind of maintenance does this project require? There is a bit more to it than just picking a species and "breeding".

As you said, rams are a good choice; as are the apistos mentioned above. But dont dive in head first before learning a bit more about the species and the process.

Deciding on gbr golden ram or electric ram. Maybe Bolivian ram.

So rams are pretty tricky. Just keeping them happily in existence is a chore in itself ... raising fry is an art form. Bolivians are the most forgiving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom