Dwarf cichlid compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking at a dwarf flag cichlid, a Bolivian ram and a keyhole cichlid for my 180 liter tank. It is well planted with a very fine substrate, there is one medium size piece of driftwood and I will be adding caves. Will these cichlids do well together? I I add a opaline gourami and Congo tetras it will be my dream tank lol. Will this work out ok? Please help! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

None of the cichlids are particularly aggressive, might work fine, or you may have a troublemaker in the group. Might have better luck establishing a pair of one species than mixing them.

47.5g ... Decent size tank. What are the dimensions ?

You can get away with more in a long rectangular tank than you can if it's a column or hexagon style with less floor space.

My tank is the Juwel rio 180, is 100cm long by 50cm high. I'm not really wanting to have breeding in my tank, when I had Angels it got really hard to rehome all the babys lol. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422644683.322188.jpg
I've got a heap more plants on there way, and I'm going to be getting some rock caves. I really wanted apistogrammas but they are really hard to get here in New Zealand

Would you mind posting closer pics of the plants in the center and the one in the back left? A few of them don't look aquatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you so much FishayFishay ? . Gillie I really don't know much about plants so I just went by what the seller told me, the plants have been in for about 2 weeks and so far they are growing wellImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422646368.862250.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422646396.978119.jpg
If they are no good for the tank should I throw them away of will they grow elsewhere? Thank you

Thank you so much FishayFishay ? . I really don't know much about plants so I just went by what the seller told me, the plants have been in for about 2 weeks and so far they are growing wellView attachment 262736View attachment 262738
If they are no good for the tank should I throw them away of will they grow elsewhere? Thank you

Your dream is like a dream tank for me. So well put and organized. Not too much of anything. Perfect balance.

Thank you FishayFishay, this is the set up I have really set my heart on ?, I've got to go to hospital next week after that I'll be out of commission for 3 weeks, but after that I will slowly start adding fish. I'm thinking of starting with the Congo tetras.

Sadly the plants I had you get pics of are not aquatic and will slowly waste away.

Thank you Gillie, lesson learned don't trust aquatic stores. I am getting another 50 plants from a man who specializes in growing aquatic plants. It's a shame about those plants though they looked so nice.

Thank you Gillie, lesson learned don't trust aquatic stores. I am getting another 50 plants from a man who specializes in growing aquatic plants. It's a shame about those plants though they looked so nice.

Yeah they get quite a few people with those plants, I would just exchange them for some true aquatics and if they give you a hassle have them google spathiphyllum, dracaena and lizard's tail.

That's a good idea Gillie I will do that thank you ?

Back
Top Bottom