Dwarf Cichlid Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adadkins1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a pair of German Rams, and I was wondering what y'all feed your dc's. I love mine and I want to get them on a better diet. Right now I just have them on some flakes and thawed bloodworms. I know, a pretty sad diet; any ideas of what they would enjoy?

What about things like vegetables? I know some people will feed their rams lettuce if I remember correctly. Also, would Hikari cichlid pellets work, because I cannot find NLS locally.

Get NLS online, it is by far the best food out there right now. Feed it exclusively and your fish will thank you (and look and do better).

No more than they will with Xtreme or Omega One as their staple diet.

An assortment of live and frozen foods, in addition to a high quality staple diet, will bring out the best in your dwarf cichlids IME.

From what I have seen those foods, at least the Omega One, do not hold up to what NLS can achieve. And some people have enough trouble finding NLS, let alone Xtreme.

And from what I have seen, they do. I use all 3 foods, and many others. And yes, I have tried feeding NLS exclusively in the past. For a couple of years it was all I had. I'm having better experiences now feeding fish a variety of high quality staple foods, as well as live and frozen.

I picked up a bit of Hikari for the time being, I am sure it is better than the darn flakes I had been feeding them. That and frozen bloodworms will be their diet for now I guess.

Thank you all for the input.

Good morning Aaron :) Specifically for my dc's I buy Hikari and NLS, and then they also go after all the other stuff in my regimen such as whatever flake I have on hand at the time, both meaty and veggie, bloodworms, brineshrimp, mysis shrimp, and what seems to be their fav...Emerald Entree. I have to say I'll be ordering and adding Omega One and/or Xtreme to the group now too. I've always felt like variety brought out the best in all of my fish.

But severum_mama.....

img_1633777_0_37cda5e6d17a2c757e45d678026444a9.png

Anyone use this new Cobalt food? I got an advertisment for it in the mail. Claims to be the greatest food ever.

i feed my rams a diet of flake, pellet and live food. they love BLACK worms. they are live food that you can get at some pet stores. all my fish love these worms and all are doing really great. a varied diet i think is best. i feed hakari cichlid gold mini pellets, omega one cichlid flakes and hikari micro pellets.they also like algae wafers. i have several dwarf gourami's that like the same food. i also feed a vegetable flake.

Back
Top Bottom