dwarf cichlid help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdrianP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I have a 25 gallon bowfront tank and I was thinking of filling it with a pair of German blue rams and a pair of apistos. Is this a good idea in a 25 gallon tank or is that not enough space for them to each have their own territory. I also want to fill it with
3 pigmy gouramis
6 threadfin rainbowfish

Lmk what you guys think about this stock of fish. I would love to hear from people with experience with these fish.

In a 25 I'd do one or the other. Second neither do to well with dwarf gouramis. I'd get rid of the gouramis and choose rams or apistogramma. Then maybe another school of some tetras or a top water fish.

ok so between GBR and the aspistos im leaning more toward the GBR's but out of the two which one of them usually has more of a personallity? i want a fishtank that i can sit infront and observe the fish.
what about hatchetfish as to top fish ( im not a big fan of tetras)

ok so between GBR and the aspistos im leaning more toward the GBR's but out of the two which one of them usually has more of a personallity? i want a fishtank that i can sit infront and observe the fish.
what about hatchetfish as to top fish ( im not a big fan of tetras)

Rams are a little more out going it seems, but Appistos like cover and will choose to hide more often than rams. Both are beautiful so you won't be disappointed by either.

Rams are a little more out going it seems, but Appistos like cover and will choose to hide more often than rams. Both are beautiful so you won't be disappointed by either.

1. I need to change my profile back I thought I answered.
2. Tell my female panduro rams are more out going and she'll beat you and your rams up.

It depends on the species really. I'd recommend apistogramma cacatuoides for your first apisto and they tend to be more shy than rams IME.

Bottom line you can't go wrong either way. And hatchets would be fine.

1. I need to change my profile back I thought I answered.
2. Tell my female panduro rams are more out going and she'll beat you and your rams up.

It depends on the species really. I'd recommend apistogramma cacatuoides for your first apisto and they tend to be more shy than rams IME.

Bottom line you can't go wrong either way. And hatchets would be fine.

Haha ill take your panduro if she's too spunky for ya

thank you guys so much for your input. i think im going to with the GBR's. with a few marble hatchet fish as the top fish. i was thinking of putting some nice killifish as the mid to top of the tank any thoughts on that? should i add some more bottem fish like loaches or cory cats?

thank you guys so much for your input. i think im going to with the GBR's. with a few marble hatchet fish as the top fish. i was thinking of putting some nice killifish as the mid to top of the tank any thoughts on that? should i add some more bottem fish like loaches or cory cats?
Your killi would probably beat on your hatchets. You could do either one if you'd like for a bottom dweller

Your killi would probably beat on your hatchets. You could do either one if you'd like for a bottom dweller

Either loaches or corries are an excellent choice, very active and curious. I find corries tend to keep to the shadows until food becomes available but still awesome little guys and a great peaceful bottom dweller. Loaches are famous for their daily playful antics so if your looking for more spontaneous activity loaches might be the better choice. Personally, I like both in my tank. Just avoid the larger species like clowns, they are pretty and fun but get HUGE.

Either loaches or corries are an excellent choice, very active and curious. I find corries tend to keep to the shadows until food becomes available but still awesome little guys and a great peaceful bottom dweller. Loaches are famous for their daily playful antics so if your looking for more spontaneous activity loaches might be the better choice. Personally, I like both in my tank. Just avoid the larger species like clowns, they are pretty and fun but get HUGE.

Ok thanks that actually helps alot

Back
Top Bottom