Dwarf cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone you guys have been more helpful than you know. If anyone has anymore to add don't be shy, I am still in the earliest stage of planning and I could use all the advice I can get.

Just to add something, apistogramma species need less room than other dwarfs. However they still do get pretty aggressive when they breed. Behavior is awesome to watch though. I highly recommend it

I would suggest rams they are beautiful fish and full of personality.You could do a pair in a 25g along with maybe a group of tetras and some corys (albino corys are very cool)

Just to add something, apistogramma species need less room than other dwarfs. However they still do get pretty aggressive when they breed. Behavior is awesome to watch though. I highly recommend it

This has not been my experience at all with most Apistogramma. There is no basis IMO for saying that they need less space than other dwarf cichlids. We have kept 12 or so species of apistos and some are really quite aggressive compared to others.

I have an idea of what I want, but does anyone know someone who specializes in dwarf cichlids? The website was super helpful.

Another option is dwarf golden acara. Also keyholes, not a dwarf, but still pretty small.

Severum mama and HN1 on this site often sell dwarf cichlids. Their stock list is in the classified section of the forum. You can also try aquabid. One seller I have purchased from who sells DC's on there is The Wet Spot.

Ok thanks. I'm kind of lost in the fog but I'm getting there. I just want it to be done right.

Haven't seen them suggested Lateacara Curviceps, great lil fish. Keep some myself and have really enjoyed them as far as dwarfs go.

Flags are nice and I do believe someone mentioned them before the just use flag acara I believe

Personally I like apistos, GBRs, keyholes, dwarf acaras, shellies, kribs, and African butterfly cichlids. All could be considered "dwarves", however what type of tank you put them in is different for each one.

Ok well I think I have it somewhat figured out. I want to have
Agassizi
Cacatuoides
Hongsloi
Golden dwarfs
Laetacara Curviceps
Bolivians

I think maybe three of each 1m & 2f except the Bolivians I think maybe 7 2m & 5f. Tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom